About the Center
About the Center
About the Center:
- New Scrim in the Mormon Handcart Cold Room Theater
- The scrim in the Cold Room theater of the Mormon Handcart Gallery was vandalized and in need of repair. The Foundation ordered new material, and Carol Thorup volunteered to sew the hems and pockets to make this piece ready for installation. Installation is COMPLETE! It looks wonderful! Maintenance is an important part of keeping world class exhibits ready for our visitors! Many THANKS to Jared Fleming who maintains this facility and Lance & Carol Thorup who generously donate their time!
- Volunteer Luncheon was a HUGE success!
- We celebrated the many fine folks who volunteer their time here at the Trails Center on Saturday, October 13 as the snow rolled into town. A feast from HQ BBQ and cake made with love by Jean Smart at Ridley's bakery filled our bellies, and Jason Vlcan presented a magnificent slideshow highlighting the wonderful adventures our volunteers enjoyed this past year! Come volunteer with us! We promise fun and crazy weather at the very least!
- CSI: Casper Seasonal Interpreters
- This temporary exhibit explores the mysteries and wonders of Wyoming through the creative eyes of our seasonal interpreters. "CSI: Casper Seasonal Interpreters" will be available during normal business hours from October 3 through November 28. This exhibit’s goal is to connect participants with public lands, and in turn with America’s natural and cultural heritage.
- Pioneer Barbie Clothing
- Carolyn Thorup is a seasonal volunteer here at the National Historic Trails Center. She has lovingly made dresses, petticoats, skirts, blouses, and bonnets for Barbie to sell as a mini-fundraiser for the Trails Center Foundation. These outfits are exquisite in details and authentic in design. If you have a Barbie in need of a new pioneer outfit, please come check these out. Each is one of a kind. We're asking for a $20 donation per outfit--all proceeds benefit the Center.